Days before my vacation, it’s only fitting that I write something about happiness.
Happiness is a feeling when there’s space in our lives for compassion, love, excitement and peace, and they trump all the other feelings. It’s a window of time when we aren’t reminded about the negative thoughts that can plague our minds. It’s moments when we’re capable of feeling relaxed, at ease and without worry. In short, it’s just an awesome feeling!
As I reflect upon my day, happiness was:
- Waking up at 6 am this morning and blogging while having my morning coffee.
- Driving to Jericho Beach at 8:30 am with my son to meet my friends to play some beach volleyball.
- Laughing, smiling and having a great time at the beach with some of my longest known and dearest friends I have.
- Enjoying a nice ramen lunch with my son afterwards – oh, we’re so addicted to ramen!
- Taking a nice shower to wash off the sand from my body!
- Receiving a couple of messages from some new friends I’ve made through my journey in mental health. Denise just received her edit back from her book and I shared in her excitement! I look forward to getting together with her to chat about our books when I return from my vacation. My other friend, Joon just got back from Montreal with her father and expressed how nice it was to make a connection with him during their time together.
- Getting ready for our upcoming camping trip and vacation to the Caribbean! Packing, cleaning (OK…that’s not so fun), planning with our friends – it’s so exciting!
- Relaxing at home while eating a refreshing bowl of freshly cut watermelon, plum and nectarine and listening to my son pluck away some soothing tunes on his guitar.
- Playing a game of chess with my son and chatting about our upcoming vacation.
- Meditating quietly this evening, bringing awareness to my thoughts and bodily feelings.
- Giving my cat Inori and big kiss on her forehead and telling her how much I’ll miss her!
Knowing that I’m in no rush for the next two weeks really takes the edge off. I’m so glad I got to share my happiness with my friends and family today, and I just want to bottle this feeling and bring it with me everywhere I go!
I’ll see you in a couple of weeks!